424 pp., 6 x 9, 34 halftones, 72 maps, appends., index
Paperback ISBN: 978-1-4696-4697-8
Published: September 2018
eBook ISBN: 978-1-4696-4698-5
Published: August 2018
Buy this Book
- every public trail along the parkway
- GPS coordinates and 72 maps
- 255 total trails, including 12 new trails since the last edition
- trail length and difficulty
- points of interest
- wheelchair accessibility
- a short history of the parkway and region
- campgrounds and lodges
- public restroom locations
- elevation change charts for cyclists
- tunnel heights for RVs
- wildflower bloom calendar
- selected sightseeing information on nearby towns
About the Authors
Leonard M. Adkins is the author of more than twenty books on travel and the outdoors, including Walking the Blue Ridge, Wildflowers of the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains, and The Appalachian Trail: A Visitor's Companion.
For more information about Leonard M. Adkins, visit the Author Page.
J. Richard Wells is president emeritus of the national environmental organization Friends of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
For more information about J. Richard Wells, visit the Author Page.
"Adkins justifiably claims that this book is 'the only guide you will ever need' when hiking, driving, or biking along the Blue Ridge Parkway. . . . An excellent resource for walkers, hikers, or anyone planning a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway."--Library Journal
"[Adkins is] the perfect guide to take you on the Blue Ridge Parkway."--NationalParksTraveler.com