Customer Service Manager – Longleaf Services, Inc.
Longleaf Services, Inc., a not-for-profit affiliate of the University of North Carolina Press, provides order processing, customer service, collection management, warehousing, fulfillment, and publishing services for university presses. Longleaf is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, and organized Customer Service Manager with a proven ability to handle a diverse set of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a hands-on motivator that is willing to work alongside and mentor a great team of individuals that will continue to provide outstanding customer service to our clients and customers in a timely manner and with the utmost level of professionalism and courtesy. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Prioritize, assign and monitor daily workload of customer service staff to ensure standard turnaround times are achieved.
- Meet Longleaf internal standards and client publisher deadlines.
- Hire, train, review and support all customer service personnel providing ongoing training, as needed. This includes training on the use of the fulfillment system for order entry and tracking, answering customer queries, and problem-solving related issues.
- Investigate and resolve customer service and order-related issues escalated by staff. Maintain open communications with CSRs to improve team and company performance.
- Trouble shoot issues with current processes and order performance proactively defining solutions to ensure improvement. Collaborate with staff, peers and supervisor to accomplish initiatives.
- Work closely with the operations manager to streamline processes and improve efficiencies.
- Act as the initial point of contact for high-level issues brought forth by our client presses.
- Coordinate with credit manager on the various areas of overlap between the credit department and the customer service department.
- Run and review reports to ensure that all orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner and that no orders are delayed in the system.
- Cover or reassign customer service duties during employee outages.
- Create an environment that fosters openness, support and cohesiveness amongst staff and our client press contacts. Mentor and support staff in areas where they need help or assistance.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration, or equivalent with 3-5 years supervisory experience, and mentoring a team in a customer service or related field is required.
- Basic business acumen as well as experience with general accounting practices preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written skills to interact with customers, staff as well as all levels within the organization.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- Knowledge of the publishing industry preferred. Knowledge of academic publishing a plus!
- Ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills are essential.
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits. Review of applications will begin on November 29, 2021 and end on December 20, 2021. Interested candidates should email their resume with cover letter including salary requirements to the Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longleaf Services values diversity, equity, and inclusion in word and deed. Our work reflects a commitment to engaging diverse voices and experiences. Similarly, we value a workplace that welcomes different perspectives to enhance the quality of our decision making as we carry out our work. We are strategically engaged in creating and enhancing policies and practices that will attract, retain, and develop a staff that is diverse along many dimensions.
LONGLEAF SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V