Finance Assistant – Longleaf Services, Inc.
Longleaf Services, Inc., a not-for-profit affiliate of the University of North Carolina Press, is seeking a full-time Finance Assistant to support the growth of business. Longleaf is a full-service fulfillment company that manages customer service, takes and processes orders, and manages credit and collections, third-party warehousing, inventory management, and royalty processing for a consortium of 18 university presses. The position is based in Chapel Hill, NC.
Finance Assistant: This entry-level, hands-on, detail-oriented position is responsible for supporting the financial operations of the department. This person must be highly organized and proficient in Excel. This role will be dynamic and the incumbent must be flexible and comfortable switching tasks as they are given. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and grow in a career that provides a variety of accounting and financial functions to support the activities of the business.
- Support the Director of Finance and Administration as needed
- Assist in preparation for annual audit
- Participate in royalty statement preparation and dissemination
- Assist in preparation of data for conversions/import
- Help with the annual 1099/1042 processes
- Other duties as required
- Recent college graduate including A.A. in Accounting or related field
- 1-2 years of relevant job experience in finance or accounting
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter, potential start date, and salary requirements to Adele Sommerville, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Only finalists will be contacted.
LONGLEAF SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Longleaf Services values a workplace that welcomes different perspectives to enhance the quality of our decision making as we carry out our work. We are strategically engaged in creating and enhancing policies and practices that will build upon our past efforts to attract, retain, and develop a staff that is diverse along many dimensions.