Assistant Customer Service Manager, Longleaf Services, Inc.
Longleaf Services (LL), a not-for-profit affiliate of the University of North Carolina Press, seeks a CSR/Assistant Manager to deliver consistent, timely, daily delivery of the highest quality, cost-effective services to Longleaf clients and customers. This role is a highly visible one, and it requires a detail oriented, well-organized contributor with the ability to handle a high volume of activity and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. In this role, the assistant will fully support the Customer Service Manager (CSM) to manage, prioritize and monitor daily workload of the customer service department and assist in the training of all new team members. This position could be exciting for someone who is looking for a growth opportunity, who appreciates books and bookselling and is able to provide professional assistance to the CSM with a variety of important tasks related to customer service and accounting. This position will be the main support for the customer service team in the absence of the CSM.
- Answer phones to take orders and respond to customer inquiries and other requests.
- Input orders and refer all attempted orders on “credit-hold” or “bad debt” to Credit department.
- Support CSM with the allocation of work and support all of the CSRs with difficult customer related issues.
- Train all staff on the use of fulfillment system for order entry and tracking, answering phones, handling customer service inquiries, and problem-solving various issues.
- Become familiar with all key aspects of the manager position [prioritize and assign daily workload; investigate and resolve issues escalated by staff; work with client publisher staff; run and review month end reports] and periodically perform these tasks to ensure the successful ability to fulfill these duties in the manager’s absence.
- Provide customers with product and service information.
- Identify, research, and resolve customer issues following up on all inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Support management and staff on all special projects.
- Process all special billings as directed by the CSM.
- Work with Logistics as needed.
- Become familiar with all processes and procedures within the customer service department as required.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and the ability to positively lead and support a team of people
- Detail oriented, possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Top notch, engaging telephone skills and a friendly and pleasant manner
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple detailed tasks efficiently while working independently or in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, data entry and word processing skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Word and Excel skills as well as show a demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Demonstrated ability to build strong interpersonal relationships, and adapt to various communication styles, situations, and personalities across all levels
- Receive, maintain, and approach confidential information with a high level of professionalism, discretion, and unquestionable integrity
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; accounting knowledge is a plus as is any experience coming from within the publishing industry
- Two or more years of previous experience working in a data processing/customer service/call center environment
- Previous work experience overseeing and/or managing/directing the work of others
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and report writing tools
- State Health Plan of North Carolina underwritten by BCBSNC
- NCFlex State Insurance Plans: dental, vision, accident, and Flexible Spending Accounts for
Medical and Dependent Care
- AD&D, cancer, critical care, and life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 14 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid community service days
- Retirement and investment plans, including supplemental plans and access to financial
- State Employees’ Credit Union Membership
This position reports to the Customer Service Manager of Longleaf Services, Inc.
Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longleaf Services values diversity, equity, and inclusion in word and deed. Our work reflects a commitment to engaging diverse voices and experiences. Similarly, we value a workplace that welcomes different perspectives to enhance the quality of our decision making as we carry out our work. We are strategically engaged in creating and enhancing policies and practices that will attract, retain, and develop a staff that is diverse along many dimensions.
LONGLEAF SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V