The Society of Early Americanists provides a forum for scholarly and pedagogical exchange and professional support among scholars of various disciplines who study the literature and culture of America to approximately 1800.
The Society of Early Americanists is a nonprofit organization.
Active SEA Membership benefits include:
- receiving the SEA Newsletter twice a year
- participating in our biennial and special topics conferences
- participating in the business meetings of the Society
- voting in biennial elections for the SEA Executive Coordinator and on matters of the Society
Early American Literature, published three times a year, has been adopted as the official publication of the Society of Early Americanists. Members receive a subscription to the journal as a benefit of membership.
How to Join
See below for pricing. The category of Discount Membership includes non-salaried University faculty (non-tenure-track faculty, adjuncts, instructors, and emeritus), High School teachers, historical society staff, and independent scholars.
- Individual 1-year subscription to Early American Literature: $48
- Individual 3-year subscription to Early American Literature: $136.80
- 1-year Regular SEA Membership: $80
- 2-year Regular SEA Membership: $120
- 1-year Discount SEA Membership: $40
- 2-year Discount SEA Membership: $75
- 1-year Student SEA Membership: $40
- 2-year Student SEA Membership: $70
We have a partnership with Duke University Press (DUP) for society membership fulfillment. If you have questions about an existing subscription or membership please contact DUP Journals Services: