The University of North Carolina Press was founded in 1922 to publish distinguished scholarly work for the academy and general interest works for the people of the state and the region. And we do it very well. The depth and breadth of the numerous awards received, including the National Book Award and the Pulitzer Prize in History, confirm that UNC Press is one of the top university presses in the nation with an international reputation for excellence.
How Can I Support the Press? Books Make Great Gifts, and Gifts Make Great Books
Buy our Books
Books make great gifts, and UNC Press has a title for everyone on your list from family and friends, to colleagues and clients. Eighty percent of our budget comes from book sales, so buying a UNC Press book is a wonderful way to support the Press. Don’t forget to purchase a title or two for yourself as well.
Make a financial gift of support.
Gifts make great books, so make a gift today to:
- Join the UNC Press Club annual fund (read more about the Press Club in this UNC Press Club brochure);
- Sponsor a book;
- Donate your royalties to the Authors Fund;
- Create a named endowment;
- Join the First Edition Society with bequest or a planned gift.
What gifts may I give?
- Cash–Checks should be made payable to the “University of North Carolina Press”, and credit card gifts may be made by phone or through the Press website. Contact the Press for wire transfers.
- Stocks–Publicly traded securities may be transferred to the Press. Contact the Press for instructions.
- Beneficiary designations–Name “The University of North Carolina Press, Inc. Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Tax I.D.: 56-6001394” as beneficiary of life insurance policies and retirement plans.
- Bequests–Name “The University of North Carolina Press, Inc. Chapel Hill, North Carolina, Tax I.D.: 56-6001394” as beneficiary in your estate plans or will. Donors who do so become members of the First Edition Society.
- Other types of gifts, such as closely held securities, real estate, tangible personal property, and trusts require approval by the Press’s Gift Acceptance Committee.
Contact the Press
Joanna Ruth Marsland, Director of Development
116 South Boundary St.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Or, use our Mail-In Form.
Legal name: The University of North Carolina Press, Inc.
Tax I.D.: 56-6001394