280 pp., 6 x 9, 57 color plates, 47 maps, 1 table
Paperback ISBN: 978-1-4696-6823-9
Published: April 2022
Paperback Available April 2022, but pre-order your copy today!
Buy this Book
Readers will find:
- Detailed information for more than 50 hikes, including highlights and advice for each hike
- Detailed hike maps in full color, complete with important trail information
- Expert guidance on what gear to take with you
- Up-to-date information on park hours, locations, and safety information
- Details for each hike include elevation changes, levels of difficulty, and more
- Over 50 beautiful, full-color photographs of North Carolina’s varied and unique landscapes
About the Author
Johnny Molloy is an outdoor writer and author of more than eighty books. He is based in Johnson City, Tennessee.
For more information about Johnny Molloy, visit the Author Page.
“There are more than a thousand miles of hiking trails in the North Carolina state park system, a system that includes high alpine forest in the highest mountain chain along the east coast to swampy coastal wetlands. In such a diverse network of preserves, Johnny Molloy has done an excellent job of identifying very worthy trails for experienced hikers and newcomers alike. This book hits the mark.”—Joe Miller, author of Adventure Carolinas
“Johnny Molloy's selection of great hikes, which span from the mountains to the coast, will convince anyone that North Carolina's amazing state parks are national treasures.”—Randy Johnson, author of Grandfather Mountain