The mission of The Office of Scholarly Publishing Services (OSPS) is to serve the University of North Carolina System by providing access to a range of sustainable, mission-driven publishing models and solutions. Leveraging the expertise of UNC Press and its nonprofit subsidiary, Longleaf Services, we collaborate with libraries, research centers, institutes, and departments to lower the cost of producing and disseminating quality educational and scholarly publications. We also selectively work with other nonprofit institutions seeking to publish scholarly or general-interest work that will benefit the people of North Carolina.
Examples of Projects
- Works in print and digital formats
- Publications in STEM and HSS fields
- Open access works
- Scholarly books and journals
- Textbooks, course packs, and supplemental course materials
- Manuals, reports, and materials for professional use
- Open educational resources (OERs)
- Audio books and educational materials
- Conference and symposia proceedings
- Reissues of out-of-print books
If you would like to discuss a project please complete an evaluation form and submit it to John McLeod, Director of the Office of Scholarly Publishing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have other questions feel free to contact John directly by email or by phone at 919-962-8419.
Limited grant funding is available. Learn more about the Thomas W. Ross Fund Publishing Grant.
OSPS Book Evaluation Form (docx)
OSPS Journal Evaluation Form (docx)