The Southeastern Council of Latin American Studies (SECOLAS) is the oldest regional professional body dedicated to the study and teaching of Latin American and Caribbean societies and its histories. Membership is open to all persons interested in Latin America. Its objectives are the promotion of interest in Latin America, scholarly research pertaining to Latin America in all fields, and the increase of friendly contacts among the peoples of the Americas. SECOLAS is a nonprofit organization.
Benefits of SECOLAS membership:
- The right to submit articles and books to our annual prize competitions
- A digital subscription to The Latin Americanist (4 issues annually, including the Annals)
- Regular updates on SECOLAS events
Types of Membership
SECOLAS offers two membership types—professional and discounted—as outlined below. Membership begins the day dues are paid and lasts 12 months. For information on location and dates of the next conference visit the SECOLAS website.
Professional Membership: $45
- independent scholars
- university staff such as administrators, librarians, staff at area studies centers, and university press representatives
Discounted Membership: $30
- contingent faculty
- scholars based outside of the U.S.
- emeritus faculty
How to Join
We have a partnership with Duke University Press (DUP) for membership fulfillment. If you have questions about an existing subscription or membership please contact DUP Journals Services: