Staff Accountant, Longleaf Services, Inc.
Longleaf Services, Inc., a not-for-profit affiliate of the University of North Carolina Press, is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant to support the growth of business. Longleaf is a full-service fulfillment company that manages customer service, takes, and processes orders, manages credit and collections, third party warehousing, inventory management, and royalty processing for a consortium of 25 university presses. The position is based in Chapel Hill, NC.
This mid-level, hands-on, detail-oriented position is responsible for supporting the financial operations of the department including the generation of financial statements and annual audit preparations as well as monitoring and reconciling all general ledger activity for Longleaf Services and UNC Press. This person must be highly organized and proficient in Excel. This role will be dynamic, and the incumbent must be flexible and comfortable switching tasks as they are given. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is eager to learn and grow in a career-track position that provides a variety of reporting and financial functions to support the activities of the business.
- Reconcile month end balance sheet accounts including:
- Due to/due from activity between Longleaf and our client presses
- Bank reconciliations
- Verification of sub ledger balances to the GL
- Job costing
- All prepaids and accruals
- Verify the correct mapping of transactions from the ERP system to the GL
- Verify 3PL billing activity
- Track month end closing process checklist to confirm completion
- Prepare and enter adjusting journal entries
- Assist with financial statement preparation
- Prepare schedules to support the annual audit
- Write procedures supporting standard month end journal entries and other aspects of closing process
- College graduate with a 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of relevant job experience in finance or accounting
- Computer literate with strong knowledge of Excel, Microsoft office products, GL, and financial reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
LONGLEAF SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
Longleaf Services values a workplace that welcomes different perspectives to enhance the quality of our decision making as we carry out our work. We are strategically engaged in creating and enhancing policies and practices that will build upon our past efforts to attract, retain, and develop a staff that is diverse along many dimensions.